I am writing a brief report for this year, with a few thoughts
for next year, 2021.
Junior Chess in Yorkshire, 2020
1. White Rose Junior Chess Academy, WRJCA, has been active
for some time.
a. It has 4 signatories for cheques, Peter Cloudsdale, Noel
Stewart, Phil Beckett and Mike Triffitt.
b. On 7th March we organised a successful girls Chess Day at
Wakefield Girls School: a day with training and chess competitions.
Queen’s Gambit film is popular.
c. We started each Sunday running chess at York Central
Library, and thanks to Dan Staples for his introduction via Chess In
2. John Hipshon from Leeds has run various events for
Yorkshire Junior Chess Association, YJCA. They now take place on line.
3. Thanks to Douglas Vleeshhouwer and Stephen Greep from Hull
with on-line chess for juniors.
4. I have formed a good link with the Braille Chess
Association for coaching.
5. The UK Delancey Chess Challenge took place on line.
6. Chess teaching in Schools stopped due to the pandemic.
7. Some chess tuition for juniors has continued on line.
Junior chess development in 2021
1. On-line chess will continue via Li-chess and Chess.com.
2. White Rose Junior Chess Academy have £288.94 in the bank
and are happy to support events.
We may need more funds soon.
3. Delancey UK Chess Challenge is to continue, and there is now
no need to qualify through School or local Club. You can enter direct to
play on line.
Peter Cloudsdale, York, 18th December 2020